FREE EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE TEST ONLINE
IQ-test.net uses 40 question which are derived from the EQ capability Assessment instrument, which contains 158 items. There are based on Goleman’s four quadrant Emotional Intelligence Competency Model (2002). Short Emotional intelligence test quizzes such as the IQ-test.net are meant to be fun and to give you a guide to which Emotional intelligence areas you are doing well in and those which perhaps you need to focus on for development.
I. Instructions for Free EI TestIQ-test.net is a forced choice psychological test which requires you to choose one statement in each pair of statements that describes you best. For each pair of statements, select the statement that best applies to you. Do not over-analyze the questions or try to think of “exception to the rule”. Be spontaneous and choose the statement that comes closest to the way you are.
Occasionally there will be questions that ask you to make a close call between two choices. This is because the EI test is trying to distinguish between specific areas. If a question is very close and you can not decide which statement applies to you best, you can come back to it after you have completed the other question.
The EI test usually takes about 10 minutes to complete. If you have answered honestly and accurately, your scores will reflect your capability level within each of the EI quadrants.
<<< See more >>> IQ or EQ. Which one is more important?
II. Emotional Intelligence Test
1. My emotions generally have
- A strong impact on the way I behave.
- Little or no impact on the way I behave.
2. I am generally guided by
- Others goals and values.
- My goals and values.
3. When I am under pressure, I generally have
- Behaviors that remain unchanged.
- Changed behaviors from normal.
4. In generally learn most- From reflecting on past experiences.
- By actively doing activities.
5. I generally
- Take myself seriously.
- Have a good sense of humor about myself.
6. I present myself
- With some confidence and cautiousness.
- With self-assurance and having “presence”.
7. Where there are uncertainties and pressures, I am always
- Cautions about making the right decision.
- Decisive and make sound decisions.
8. I always voice views that
- Most others agree with and support.
- Are unpopular and go out on a limb for what is right.
9. I always like to
- Maintain the status quotien.
- Take on new challenges.
10. I generally
- Reply on others confidence.
- Inspire confidence in others.
11. I generally
- Keep my disruptive emotions and impulses under control.
- Allow my emotions and moods to impact on my behaviors.
12. When I am under pressure
- I think clearly and stay focused.
- I get easily distracted in other things.
13. I always
- Do as I say I will do.
14. Trust by others
- Is automatically given to me.
15. I am always
- Flexible on how I see events.
16. During changing situations, I always
- Work hard to try and keep up with demands.
17. I always
- Set myself challenging goals.
18. When obstacles and setbacks occur in pursuing my goals, I always
- Readjust the goals and expectations.
19. Generally, I
- Pursue goals beyond what is required or expected of me.
20. When I identify opportunities, I am always
- Uncertain about whether to pursue the opportunity.
21. Group differences are always
- Causing difficulties and unrest.
22. When I see bias and intolerance I always
- Challenge the initiating people.
23. I always help out based on
- The tasks others need help with.
24. I always
- Listen to the important words being said.
25. Others perspectives are always
- Clouding the issues and getting us off track.
- Understood and sensitively shown.
26. I always find social networks in the organization
- Get in the way of delivering performance.
27. I always use
- Formal decision networks to get what I need.
28. I always
- Give customers what they ask for.
29. I always
- Act as a trusted advisor to the customer.
30. Increasing customers satisfaction and loyalty
- Is always part of the way I work.
<<< Click here >>> Is emotional intelligence necessary with job performance?